21st Century Motors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we are a credit broker and not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders. Our firm reference No is : 682528. You can check this on the FCA website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Registered in England & Wales with company number : 08901938 | Data Protection No : ZA105350 | VAT No : 214205361 | Registered Office : Cotton Court, Preston, PR1 3BY
The term "21st Century Motors Limited" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Cotton Court, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 3BY. Our company registration number is 08901938. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Contract and Vehicle Order Terms and Conditions
Full Trading Name – 21st Century Motors Limited
Company Registration Number – 08901938
VAT Number – 214205361
Financial Conduct Authority Licence Number – 682528
Trading address: Unit 1, Higher Walton Mill, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4DJ
1. These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) apply between you and 21st Century Motors Limited, Unit 1, Higher Walton Mill, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4DJ. Company Registration Number 08901938 (“we”, “us” and “our” as appropriate) for the sourcing by us via various funding options of motor vehicles as listed on our website or in other direct communications with you, and as supplied by recommended motor vehicle dealers/manufacturers.
2. All details are subject to credit approval and availability. Vehicle details are subject to manufacturer changes.
3. Figures shown are subject to manufacturer’s and or dealer price changes, fluctuations in interest rates or changes in Government legislation. These are outside of our control.
4. Manufacturer lead-times do fluctuate and delays are beyond our control. We will keep you updated on a regular basis on the status of your order.
5. Mileage is shown as annual mileage, i.e. from the 12-month period from the date the leasing period started. If you exceed the total annual mileage at the end of the lease period, the leasing company will charge a fee for each extra mile over this total.
6. If you have not opted to have the servicing/maintenance provided by the leasing company, then you are responsible for servicing the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule. The vehicle must be returned to the leasing company in a roadworthy state. Tyres must be at or above the legal limit. The vehicle must have a valid MOT certificate if required. If you don’t return the vehicle in a roadworthy state in accordance with the BVRLA guide, you may be charged for remedial/cleaning/upkeep work by the leasing company.
7. If you have opted to have your maintenance provided by the leasing company (or a third party that we may have introduced, you to) you are responsible for arranging the service in accordance with their instructions.
8. Maintenance may be provided by a third party. If this is the case an additional Master Hire Agreement will need to be signed and an additional Direct Debit Mandate will need to be signed.
9. 21st Century Motors Limited can introduce you to a number of finance providers. We may receive a remuneration if you enter into an agreement with them.
10. If you for any reason fail to be cleared for finance with the leasing provider we will discuss with you prior to applying for funding with a different company. The additional application will mean an additional footprint on your credit file.
11. Where the vehicle is fitted with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system or ‘Ad blue’, 21st Century Motors Limited cannot be held liable for incorrect usage. You are responsible for adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
12. In the event of a cancellation of your order you will be charged a fee by us. This will be based on our costs and any cancellation fee charged by the supplying dealer or third party suppliers in relation to this order.
13. The term of hire or annual mileage limit on some products may be able to be changed with the leasing company up until the last 6 months of the agreement. Not all products allow this. There may be a charge for any amendments to the contract. Not all agreements allow you to change the mileage so please ensure you plan your mileage accurately before you enter into an agreement.
14. You are responsible for registering your vehicle if a low emitting vehicle with the DVLA for any waiver of fees, for example, the London Congestion Charge and with the Dart charge for using the Dartford Crossing. If you fail to register and receive a fine the leasing company will charge the cost of the fine and an administration fee.
15. If you receive any traffic infringement penalties, you are responsible for paying them directly to the authority concerned. If any fines are forwarded to your leasing company, they will settle the fine and recharge this to you with an additional administration fee.
16. If you are an Individual, Sole Trader or Partnership with less than 4 Partners you will need to complete a cooling off period prior to taking delivery of your vehicle. You will be requested to send in two proofs of identification (gas/electric/council tax/water bill) dated within the last 90 days and photo card of your Driving Licence for a particular partner/s as specified.
17. It is your responsibility to contact us to arrange collection of your vehicle prior to the end of the agreement. The leasing company will not automatically collect the vehicle. You will be charged if you retain the vehicle past the end of the agreement. To arrange collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Excess mileage charges will apply if you exceed your total contract mileage.
19. These terms and conditions form part of your contract with 21st Century Motors Limited. They are in addition to, and not superseded by, any agreement you enter into with the leasing company concerned. You will be required to sign an agreement with the leasing company before you take delivery of your vehicle.
20.The Conditions shall govern our dealings with you, and all contracts formed between you and us, to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No variations to these Conditions will be binding unless agreed in writing between you and us.
21. Our employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning our services unless they are confirmed as such by us in writing. In entering into any contract with us, you acknowledge that you do not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
22. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by us shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
23. Your order of a motor vehicle from our website or other direct communications with you is an offer by 21st Century Motors. All orders are subject to formal written acceptance by us, the availability of the motor vehicle concerned, price changes, and the payment by you of a holding deposit (if applicable) in accordance with our written acceptance of your order.
24. If the motor vehicle you have ordered is not available, we will contact you by email or telephone to suggest possible alternatives. If the motor vehicle is available and we accept your order, then we will contact you to confirm the acceptance of your order.
25. No order which has been accepted by us may be cancelled by you except with our written agreement and on terms that you shall indemnify us in full against all costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by us as a result of cancellation.
26. The prices notified to you by us include VAT if personal leasing, do not include VAT if business leasing, include the delivery cost (unless specified) by the dealer to your chosen UK mainland destination, and includes number plate, Road Fund Licence (if applicable) and Vehicle Registration Charge.
27. We reserve the right to change the price either before or after we accept any order from you, where circumstances outside of control require it (for example changes in prices notified to us by dealers/manufacturers and finance companies). We will promptly notify you in writing of such a change and you will have the right to cancel your order (upon receipt by us of your written confirmation within any reasonable deadline stated by us) if the change is not acceptable.
28. Prices set out on our website or in any other direct communications with you and in general marketing material issued by us are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by us capable of being accepted by you.
29. The specification of any motor vehicle displayed on our website or any other marketing material issued by us is supplied by the vehicle manufacturer/dealer or leasing company and formatted for our use. Whilst every effort is made to verify and ensure the accuracy of the data, the information should only be used as a guide and no purchasing decision should be made by you without verification of the latest data from either the manufacturer or a franchised dealer of their vehicles. All images on our website or other marketing material issued by us are for illustration purposes only.
30. Upon receipt by us of completed finance documentation (including signed finance agreement accepted by the finance company) and any balance of monies due to be paid to or through us, we will arrange delivery of the vehicle to your chosen UK mainland destination.
31. Please note local registration of motor vehicles is not possible.
32. If you fail to provide access to the premises necessary to effect delivery or fail to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond your reasonable control or by reason of our fault) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we may store the vehicle(s) until actual delivery and charge you for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage.
33. Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, and except where you are a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or in amended or replacement legislation), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
34. Where the sale is under a consumer transaction the statutory rights of the customer are not affected by these conditions.
35. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of us, our employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of services or vehicles, and our entire liability under or in connection with the contract with you shall not exceed the price of the services supplied to you, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
36. We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of any contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
37. We are committed to the highest standards of customer service. Should you have any complaint about our service, please let us know as soon as possible, either by phone 03333 70 2121 or by email to email@example.com, and we will endeavour to resolve them with you in a fair and effective manner. We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours of receipt and will take all reasonable steps to resolving it promptly to your and our satisfaction. We will provide you with a timescale for resolving the dispute and keep you regularly updated with its progress. For further information, please refer to our full complaints procedure on our website.
38. The following clause applies if you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors; or (being an individual or firm) become bankrupt; or (being a company) become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or an encumbrance takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of your property or assets; or you cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on business; or we reasonably apprehend that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you and we notify you accordingly.
39. If this clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries or provision of services under the contract without any liability to you, and if vehicles have been delivered or services provided but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
40. If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
41. The contract with you shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
42. Finance is subject to status and to persons over 18 years of age only. Underwriting guarantees/indemnities may be required. For purchase plans, the Optional Final Payment plus any other applicable fees may apply in order to own the vehicle at the end of the agreement.
43. Vehicles & finance are only supplied to addresses on the U.K. mainland.44.E &O E
“21st Century Motors Limited” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“21st Century Motors Limited” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect?
We may collect the following information:
•Name and job title
•Contact information including email address
•Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
•Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
•Internal record keeping.
•We may use the information to improve our products and services.
•We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
•From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the address on our contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Complaints Handling Procedure
It is the aim of 21st Century Motors Limited to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint:
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone or in writing and your complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person in the shortest possible time. To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you should in the first instance contact the department with which you have been dealing.
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes, this may not be possible. The model below shows the procedure which we follow to deal with any complaints made about or service or services. Please note that this model only complies with the minimum standard laid down by 21st Century Motors Limited and is not conflicted by any other organisational statement.
1. We have appointed Mark Conway to deal with complaints. If you have a question or would like to make a complaint, do not hesitate to contact him. You can request a call back by calling 03333 70 2121, send an email email@example.com or write to us at the address below. If we will have trouble replying to you via any of these methods and you require us to do so in a different way, please let us know. Your confidence that the matter is being dealt with correctly is our priority.
2. If you have initially made your complaint verbally – whether face-to-face or on the phone – please also make it in writing, addressed to Mr Mark Conway. Once we have received your written complaint, Mark will contact you in writing within seven days, to inform you that we have received your correspondence, and an investigation has begun. We will inform you of the process we deem necessary to deal with your complaint and the details of any governing bodies that are connected to the matter. If you feel you are in any way vulnerable or you feel disadvantaged from making the initial claim, we would ask that you inform us at this stage.
3. At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case, summary of all the governing parties’ requirements to handle the complaint along with their contact details. We will inform other organisations to whom the issue is connected with and ask them to supply us with the relevant information connected with the matter. We will also invite you to make any further comments that you may have in relation to this information once we receive it.
4. Once we gather the information we will complete the full detailed investigation within 4 weeks*. We will use all the guidelines set out by the relevant Ombudsman and we assure you that the investigation will be impartial to all parties. If required, we will cooperate fully with these certification bodies. Mark will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of the internal investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take.
5. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, then you can contact the BVRLA Conciliation Service. As a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) any unresolved complained and disputes can be referred to the BVRLA by either 21st Century Motors or the customer. For more info, please visit: http://www.bvrla.co.uk/advice/guidance/using-bvrlas-conciliation-service
6. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, then we can discuss whether we can agree to go to mediation according to either the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
* The time limits are recommendations, to ensure that complaints are dealt with promptly. If you have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet.
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page of our website.
Treating customers fairly
At 21st Century Motors Limited we are committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of client service and advice and we never forget that you have a choice of supplier and are grateful that you’ve chosen us.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is one of the key principles set by the Financial Conduct Authority to ensure fair treatment of customers, by improving standards across the financial industry.
As a part of this, 21st Century Motors Limited follows the relevant aspects of the Financial Conduct Authority’s six guiding principles on how to engage with our customers. These are known as the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles and govern how we communicate with customers, the level of service we provide and the fairness of our products and procedures.
The six principles for treating customers fairly
•Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
•Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
•Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
•Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
•Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
•Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
How do we meet these requirements in the day to day running of our business?
We continually aim to understand the needs of our clients.
We ensure that the marketing of our products is appropriately targeted, clear, not misleading and highlights the risks/conditions as well as the key features/benefits of a product.
We make certain our clients understand the risks associated with our services at the outset of an instruction.
We keep our clients fully informed in a clear and fair manner that is unambiguous and not misleading.
We ensure our services are delivered with clarity and transparency and do not contain hidden conditions or rely on complex technical definitions.
Any advice provided will be appropriate and take into account the customer’s individual needs and circumstances. We take our clients’ privacy seriously and ensure that our staff are aware of and follow rules in relation to data protection to ensure that clients’ details are kept secure and confidential.
We take any complaint seriously and will deal with any complaints promptly and make improvements to our operations where required. If you have a complaint, please contact Mark Conway on 03333 70 2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All vehicle images and car descriptions on this site are for illustration and reference purposes only and are not necessarily an accurate representation of the vehicle on offer.
21st Century Motors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we are a credit broker and not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders. Our firm reference No is : 682528
You can check this on the FCA website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Registered in England & Wales with company number : 08901938 | Data Protection No : ZA105350 | VAT No : 214205361 |
Registered Office : Cotton Court, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 3BY
Copyright © 2019 21st Century Motors Limited, All rights reserved.